Friday 15 April 2016

Pro Log (Memory)

MEMORY

This is a PowerPoint Presentation based on my memory project by Kai Olusanya.



PLAN



I thought of many things I could base on this particular project, Memory. I came up with some smart ideas and some pointless. Throughout the last few years, music videos have played a huge part within my hobbies so, i thought it would be a great idea to base my project on one of the biggest shows in Bristol. I planned on asking a friend, a famous rapper who goes by the name of 'Stormzy' to follow him around for the day filming his show vibes. The reason I thought this would be a unique idea because I would be able to create a series if I done this with a lot of artists who are well-developed and known within the music industry. Therefore, I went ahead with my thoughts and planned on creating something which would be low cost however, highly effective. I planned to rent out a super 16 camera from an old school friend I had grown up with, this will be the first time filming with one of these ancient cameras. I wanted to start by filming everything that was happening backstage however, I knew I had to be selective with clips I would use during the edit.

PRODUCTION LOG


I made plans with my friend Jamal to borrow his Arriflex 16mm Movie Camera, he usually charges people during rental however, he gave me the camera to use free of charge. I chose to rent his camera for quite a long period of time, the dates were from January 23rd - February 2nd. I spent most of my time actually  getting the film produced and rescaled back down to 1080p after filming in 2K, this is what costed a lot of money as it was my first time being involved with such a camera. I arranged to follow Stormzy on tour to Bristol on January 26th and it was a long time period, we were working for almost 24 hours. When I was able to get the footage after 7 days, I started to edit it however, I came across many barricades on the road of success and I had to use the trial and error scheme to get through it. Later, I managed to produce a short video that goes by the name of 'BTS'.





SUMMARY
Finally, I was able to publish a video based on the main topic 'memory'. There are people who are highly interested in the well-known artist 'Stormzy', he has a great fanbase built up of fans who listen to all genres of music he is an all rounder and definitely has success in his name. For this major reason, I was able to create a video which is based on a 'Day in the life of Stormzy', what makes this such a thrill is that he has never had such a personal behind the scenes where someone is literally following him throughout the whole day. With every production scheme, the producer always has a specific aim or a near enough precise image in their mind of where they'd like to take their next step or want their product to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment